Saturday 3 September 2011

Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen

I really enjoy following various nail polish/art blogs*, and so I'm doing a lot of reading, trying to do my own thing with my nails.

I'm nowhere as talented as these many ladies in application of polish, and then turning their nails into pure art, but I like to give it a shot.

So to make it easier on myself, I decided to buy a Sally Hansen Nail Art pen


I got the silver one. However, my first application went horribly. Here's how to learn from my mistakes!

First off: Make sure the base colour you are using is totally dry before using the nail pen on it. Mine wasn't so the tip got caught and I ended up gouging the base colour. Never a good look.
 
Then: do it on a solid surface. It is actually rather hard to use if both hands are floating around.

Thirdly, and most importantly: YOU MUST USE A TOP COAT OVER TOP. I failed to do so, as I ran out of time, and the silver all rubbed off! It's more a marker (as a Tumblr friend told me) than a polish, so it just came off! I did it again the next night and sealed it with top coat, and all was well. However, I hadn't followed my own second point, so it was a bit of a rough job (just silver diagonal lines over a deep purple). 

So in short: nail art is fun, but I need steadier hands and a bit more talent to do it any justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment