Thursday 29 September 2011

Thin Lizzy

So as I said, Thin Lizzy probably demands its own post so here it is!
Thin Lizzy is heavily advertised (with the most annoying jingle in existence!) in New Zealand. I believe it is a purely NZ product at this stage. Most people have a Thin Lizzy compact floating around.

A couple of years ago, I bought the kit above. It came with 2 compacts, 2 brushes, 2 double ended eyeliners and 2 clear lip glosses. Good pack, but the focus of the post will be the bronzer compacts.

So it advertises itself as a 6 in 1 product. So what are those 6 uses? Well, they are:

  • eyeshadow
  • blush
  • contour
  • bronzer
  • lip colour
  • body bronzer
I have actually seen someone use it as an eye shadow, blush and bronzer, but the vast majority of my use of it is as a bronzer and contour.

It only comes in 2 shades (if I recall, the website is no help), so I use the light. It is certainly a buildable colour, very rarely do you have to worry you will put too much on. The colour is natural as well, so most people look healthy and radiant if they use it correctly.

 As noted in the last post, it appears to last forever, and then you discover you have a spare one. So for NZ$49.95, it is a pretty good deal!  While it claims to be everything and the kitchen sink, I don't think that is so, but it is a product I am happy to use, and will certainly be getting much use out of in summer.

(I do note they've dropped one of the claims- they used to say it could be a foundation. However they didn't mention that was really only for people with darker complexions. I tried to use it as a foundation, and just looked like I'd stuck my face in an orange. So I'm glad they've dropped that bit of marketing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment