Thursday 29 September 2011

Summer Makeup

So daylight savings kicked in, and it's time to me to dial back on the make up for summer. I don't think full smoky eye for every day year will cut the mustard. It will end up half way down my face by 10am!

So I think all the make up will based around a good light base. My foundation of choice is Revlon Photo Finish. At the moment I'm using 002 (Vanilla), but will switch to 003 (Shell) for summer. It's a light base, but full cover. It never feels cakey. To be honest, I haven't survived a full summer wearing make up every day yet (this is my first summer here and I've been reliably informed I am going to flake with the heat), so will be interesting to see how it survives.

Always crucial- bronzer. What I have, because IT WON'T RUN OUT, AND I HAVE ANOTHER FULL ONE IN THE DRAWER is Thin Lizzy. No, not the band. I think this might be one of the few purely NZ make up products. I will not link to the website because it has autoplay music and no one wants to be inflicted with that.


Thin Lizzy is probably worth its own review, but for now I'll say it is marketed as a 6 in 1, but really it's just a decent bronzer. Cheap, cheerful and lasts forever, while doing what a bronzer should do, but no more. Since I'm Morticia Adams levels of pale, a quick swish with a bronzer livens up my face in summer.

The hell noes for summer will be

  • Heavy eyes
  • Heavy lips
So the logical assumption is nice, light splashes of colours on the eyes, and light pink lip glosses. I think the Innoxa Mineral Eyeshadow in Copper (as reviewed here) will be fabulous in summer. I need to invest in more pigmented eyeshadows, so colours are intense, and don't have to be heavily applied. I want to invest in a eye primer, so it doesn't slide off! 


So for know, I'll keep to my dramatic cat eyes and smokey eyes while it is still cool enough that they are appropriate. But sooner rather than later it will be summer and I'll have to train myself to be a bit less heavy handed!

No comments:

Post a Comment