Saturday 3 September 2011

ZA, I love you!

So one of those daily deal websites had a deal on ZA products the other day, and I jumped onto it.

I really like ZA. They're a Taiwanese brand, and are actively marketed at the young. The two lines of theirs I'm most interested in are their True White line, and Future Defence.

True White is problematic in a way. It panders to the desire of many to have that lily white skin that many Westerners have. Many of Asian descent try to bleach their skin in varied ways to conform, which isn't loving what you hae.  However, as someone with that lily white skin, that is marred with sun spots and acne scars, it also appeals to me too. I'd like to deal to those sunspots and scars, and this line does deal to them too.

The other one is their Future Defence line, which is aimed at preventing damage now so we're not all wrinkled later. I haven't tried any of that yet, but I am keen to.

So! The grab bag of stuff I got from the deal site below!

Future Defence Moisture Wrap Mask

I haven't used these type of masks before, the paper ones which are infused with the actual mask. This promises to be highly moisturizing and will immediately provide resilience and firmness to the skin. Ok, if you say so!


Deep Hydrating Gel
Can be used as a gel moisturiser, or as a night mask. I'm keen to see how it reacts on my fairly oily skin. To be honest, I don't really need it, but we'll see what happens.

True White Essence 
About 8 months ago, I was using the cleanser and moisturising milk that goes with this product. That stuff did work for me, I noticed an improvement in the texture, and a reduction in pigmentation. This stuff is the big daddy as far as ZA's whitening range goes. To be used with the others in the line, it should reduce pigmentation. You can use it as a moisturiser, or use it directly on places you want it to do its magic, such as pigmentation and scars. I'll add it to my nightly routine to see if it lives up to the hype.

Metavoltage Cream


A cream exfoliator, that you leave to dry then rub off. It's a fun product, and actually does work. I used it last night, and felt a good improvement in the tone of my skin. It's a 2-3 times a week product, and you don't actually use much. Not too harsh like other exfoliators, which is good for those of us whose skin can never decide what is up to!

Facial Cleansing Foam


A nice basic creamy cleansing foam. It has Vitamin E granules, which are good for keeping the skin lovely and soft. I've added this product to my shower routine, as an extra cleanser since it isn't harsh at all.

Vitamin Lip Balm
It's got a bad review on MakeupAlley, with complaints of a sour taste and not actually moisturizing, but since we're coming into summer, and it has SPF in it, I'll give a shot and let you know how it goes.


So that's my haul! All that for $40! I haven't found ZA in the normal places it is sold up here yet (the local Farmer's has a fairly minimal make up display, and I was not allowed  a chance to look when I went to visit the next town over!) so this will have to do me for the time being. I'm keen to get more of the True White line, so will let you know the outcome of all these fun products!

No comments:

Post a Comment